- advertisement -

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Spouses and Significant Others' started by T1Spouse&Proud, Mar 26, 2008.

1. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

My name is Derek. I am the spouse of a T1 wife. She was dx at 4 and is now 32. We have been together for 4 years now and married for 1.5 years. I came into this relationship with out a good understanding of T1 at all, even with a career in the medical field. I soon realized what a 24 hour love affair we had together and with her diabetes. There have been good times and bad. Mostly good, if it wasn't for the retinopathy/glaucoma. We are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. A1c of 5.6 for the last 4 months due to 12 am,2 am, 4 am, 6 am bs checks at night. Everything is healthy with our soon to be son. I just thought I would introduce myself and a little about my wife and my life. I look forward to offering my advice and receiving from you pro spouses and caregivers out there.

Cheers! :D

2. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

Hey Derek, Welcome.

This forum is great. Lots of support and friendly people here. They really can relate much more so then our own families a lot of the time, plus someone's always home here. Can't really know D until you live with it unfortunatley.

5.6 A1C during pregnancy~awesome! Is your dw pumping? Sounds like you are a terrific, caring husband. I hope our dd one day meets someone totally supportive.

3. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

No pump, she had a bad experience 10 years ago ( I know, they have changed, she is stubborn). We did try to get one during the pregnancy but, with an HMO and a 1500 deductable, then only covering 50% we said, we can do it better on our own. She switched from Lantus to Humilin N, and switched from Apidra to Humalog. We also have the top perinatologist in CA (half my opinion, half absolute truth).