- advertisement -

Hello again

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kierbabi09, Sep 12, 2013.

1. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hello, I know I have not been here in a while and I am certainly no longer a teen (currently 22 years old) but I think I am going to need the support, from people who really understand.
    I have had a rough 4 years with my diabetes, not really taking care of myself, checking my sugars etc. but I have an appointment with a new endocrinologist Tuesday, September 24. I am beyond ready to finally start taking care of myself and I am excited to start feeling better, instead of feeling tired and weak all the time. It's been almost 8 years with diabetes and I really want to own my diabetes, not the other way around :)

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Welcome back! So glad that you are on an upward swing with your care! Hope the new appointment goes really well! :D

3. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

Hi!
    It's great that you are making an effort to be as healthy and happy as you should be. I hope that your appointment goes well! :)

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Thank you :)
    I have an appointment with my family doctor on Monday to get all blood work done before I go to see the endo, my appointment with them is November 5.
    I have an appointment with a local Joslin Diabetes Center affiliate clinic, and I am really excited to go.
    I have been on a pump vacation for the last couple of years and am hoping to really start using one again.