- advertisement -

Hello, again

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sherry Wendi's Mom, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Sherry Wendi's Mom

Sherry Wendi's Mom Approved members

I feel like it has been forever since I've posted anything, so hi all (again:p)
    I just had to share. Wendi and the family have started on the journey of getting a Diabetic Alert Dog.:D:D:D I know several of you have them for your children and others swear by the cgms instead. But with Wendi, who is now 15 and going to be going to college in 3 years(yikes), we feel that the DAD is the way to go. Anyway, just wanted to see if any of you have any good fundraising ideas. Since our insurance will not be contributing:mad: we have to do lots of fundraising on our own. We have already talked to older Daughter's employer (McDonalds) about doing a fundraising night. We probably will do some fundraising through friends on facebook, and we are planning on doing a fundraiser with the church. Anything any of you did that was particularly successful?:confused:

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Just wanted to bump this for you Sherry.

We recently had a wellness fair at our school. We raise money to put towards the memorial garden there for a staff member who passed away a few years back. One thing that always makes huge amounts of money is a basket raffle. You can also try a goods and services raffle or silent auction. Check with your local town hall to see what the laws are for fund raising for a DAD. Good luck!

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

She already has a thread about this from yesterday. It is titled "Help! I need fundraising ideas".