- advertisement -

Health Insurance / Moving to California

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by setebaid, Sep 27, 2013.

1. setebaid

setebaid New Member

Greetings.

I will soon have to take a decision on accepting a job offer from a company in California. The company is known to provide very good group health insurance package. I am big time concerned about the move as my little one has been diagnosed with diabetes and we have a very good healthcare coverage here in Europe. After doing a lot of research I am still confused.

I would be very grateful if somebody could point me to information on how health insurance, payments work in the state of California (I understand things can change from state to state). In the meanwhile I also have a few specific questions

1. When should I tell the insurance company about my child's condition ?

2. How can I find out if the insurance company provides a CGM.

3. When one says company provides group insurance, how much typically the employee will have to pay.

4. Will insurance pay 100% of the expenses ? If not what percentage will I have to pay ? Is there a upper limit on the amount I will have to pay.

5. What is a typical contribution of an employee per annum towards health insurance.

6. I understand now there is no lifetime cap on the healthcare cost. Is there a chance that this change will be revoked

Any other information that I should know before taking a final decision.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
    /J.

2. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

In the US each company buys their own insurance policies for their employees. So what your payments will be, coverage, almost everything will depend on what the particular company has purchased for insurance. So there's really no way for anyone to tell you what costs will be. You'll need to contact the company or the insurance company directly.

3. setebaid

setebaid New Member

Thank you KatieSue.