- advertisement -

Heading to Texas - can we get together?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by angiej, Jul 6, 2010.

1. angiej

angiej Approved members

Well, now that school has finally broken up and with about a week to go before we start our trip to Texas for Camp Sweeney, I thought it was about time to see if anyone might be able to meet up with us for a coffee / beer / Joe T's / whatever? Last year we met up with the fantastic Brynn and Goochgirl :D

This is our schedule if you think we can get together I would love to hear from you!

Friday 16th July and the morning of Saturday 17th the three of us will be based in the Hyatt Stockyards, DFW.

Sunday 18th July we will be driving from Gainsville to Austin (having dropped Alice at Camp) - so if anyone is able to help break our journey that would be great :D

18th July to 4th Aug, the two of us will be in Austin.

Friday 6th aug having collected Alice from camp we will be travelling back down from Gainsville to Austin (anyone want to break that journey - with Alice this time)

Then the three of us will be in Austin until Sat 14th Aug when we fly home :(

Would be great to meet a few more of you if its possible! British goods (Chocolate hob nobs Gooch? ;)) may be possible to arrange :cool:

2. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Oh, Angie, I'm counting on it!!

I literally live about 30 minutes from Sweeney. You are welcome to come stay at my house at both drop off & pick up. If you can't stay overnight then at least let us feed you some good ole Texas bbq!

Of course, we would LOVE to see Alice, too. I know Katie Jane doesn't want to miss seeing her.

Let me know!

3. gboysmom

gboysmom Approved members

I'm trying to get all of us in this area together while you are here...talking to Brynn in the am and have been chatting with Kristi about it all tonight! :)

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I hope we can all get together too. I am available just about anytime

5. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

Man, I wish I lived closer to Dallas! I don't how Brandon would feel about being around a lot of girls though! :) My sister does live in Waxahachie, but I don't think I can get up there around then.

6. gboysmom

Hey, Tuesday...Sherri-lynn and I have boys! We'll see what we can get worked out!

7. KatieJane'smom

Oooh, Tuesday! Come up and play with us!!

8. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I'm in!! I've already talked with... well a lot of people about this. You name the time and the place and I will do my best to be there.

9. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

My sister lives in Waxahachie too:) Wish we lived in TX for the get together, I love the British tea myself!

10. twicker1

Wow, your sister lives in Wax? It sure is a small world! I'll see what I can do, but we go to camp the next weekend, so it would be close...

nevermind, I've got the dates mixed up. LOL! I will see what I can do. Are ya'll talking about getting together before or after she goes to camp?

11. gboysmom

Anytime...

12. KatieJane'smom

Yep, before or after OR BOTH!!!!

13. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Did you say Joe T's??? :) Can't wait to see you, Ang. T and A, too!!!

14. angiej

angiej Approved members

OK - with less than a week to go :D:D:D plans ...

Who would like to meet us on FRIDAY 16th JULY?

- we will be having coffee (morning or afternoon) somewhere in the stockyards, hotel bars (we are in the Hyatt this year) or somewhere more interesting if you know of it ...

- AND dinner at Joe T's

More than happy to do both! :D More than happy to make it a group! :D More than happy to meet you! :p

Who's around?

15. KatieJane'smom

Ooooohhh, pick me, pick me! I'm in for all day and Joe T's sounds great!!! I think Sherri-Lynn has the whole day, too!

Tuesday, you simply must come up and play with us!

16. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I can't be there for this get together, but hoping I can get together with some of you when I come to TX in late Oct.

17. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I would love to be part of a get together, but it would have to be sometime in August before I could get there!! Just let me know!

Beth- You are FINALLY coming to TX???? :) I am so excited!! You know we will definately meet up with you... How AWESOME!!

18. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Yes Savannah, probably the last week in Oct.

19. KatieJane'smom

Sherri-lynn and Angie: I'll see you at noon for lunch and swimming.

See everyone else at Joe T.'s at 5:00.

Anyone else want to join us? We'd love to have you!

20. twicker1

:( I really wish I could have come, but I just couldn't swing it moneywise. Ya'll have fun and have a drink for me!!!!