- advertisement -

Have you seen this meter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karpoozi123, Sep 8, 2008.

1. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

[​IMG]
    I saw this on a site with a diabetes article and I never saw this meter before. Have any of you ever seen it or is it imaginary? :rolleyes:

2. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

I've never seen it either. What's it called?

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Nope I've never seen it either. It looks kind of big though:(

4. mf123

mf123 Approved members

The company name is SEIN, it's a combination of a blood glucose and blood pressure monitor.

5. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

Oh just lovely. Another thing we can add on to the list of myths and misconceptions: People with diabetes need to be constantly monitoring their blood pressure. :snort:

6. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

Not really a myth at all actually, there are a ton of T1s with high blood pressure, the effects of diabetes, controlled and uncontrolled alike can damage and affect the cardiovascular system.

7. skimom

skimom Approved members

In fact my cardiologist friend recommends that any type 1 diabetic over 18 be put on blood pressure meds (not sure which ones ) in order to protect their cardiovascular system.Our endo agrees.

8. someone

someone Approved members

I have a problem with people using the word controlled when referencing complications. If control really means control, then the complications are not due to diabetes. ;)

From dlife.com (notice the bolded word)

9. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

I may be a slight bit misinformed (so forgive me if I sound ignorant), but if you don't need blood pressure meds and are put on them anyway, aren't you prone to adverse side effects like dangerously low blood pressure? :eek::eek:

10. Ali

Ali Approved members

I agree this is how it often reads but the medical concern has been/is that some of the complications or at least some part of the complications from type one are unrelated to blood sugar levels and thus even with perfect blood glucose levels some diabetics will develop complications due to other aspects of the disease. At least this is how it was explained to me many years ago.:)Ali

11. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

Also, many Dr's will add Cholesterol meds for T I's with no Chol problems, if I remember, it helps with protecting Kidney function.