- advertisement -

Have some LOWS for a better A1C?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BrokenPancreas, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm absolutely shocked at how rude you are being to people who are just offering (good) advice.. You might want to step out and look at this thread sometime later.

But you know, I'll give you my own interpretation of the CDE's advice.

I'm almost certain that the CDE meant that if you run her lower then she WILL have lows. Hence running her lower does mean letting her have lows, since lows are an inevitable by-product of what she wants you to do. That is definitely not the same thing as giving her a load of insulin and watching her drop to 50 and keeping her there.. it's not about causing individual lows specifically, but by causing something which will mean lows do happen, as a by-product.

I know that you know that an 8% a1C is not cause for mass hysteria, but an average BG of a little over 180 is high enough that with a CGMS you might be able to get it a little lower. Personally, I'd start correcting her down to at least around 130 overnight. Being 130, especially with a CGMS, there is enough room if she drops a little.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I don't get this, I'm extremely allergic to oak trees?:confused:

Don't hesitate to post your BGs and get feedback. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE][/B]

Thank you for your suggestion.. Why would I post my BG's? It's my daughter with the horrible 8 A1c? But, if you think that could help, I certainly could start logging my own BG's. Thanks....[/QUOTE]

Obviously you DON'T want any help. You have an excuse for everything. Many people have taken the time to try and help you in a number of ways. You don't want that help, we get it, but Paula does NOT deserve that. She was being extremely helpful with her suggestions and insight.

PS, lower bgs at night has a HUGE effect on an A1c... An 8 A1c is closer to a 200bg average.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I have never ever seen someone be so rude to one of (if not THE) nicest person on the board. You owe Paula a HUGE mother flipping apology. I have never hear Paula say a snarky or mean thing to anyone and you had the nerve to post that? I just can only imagine how unlikely it will be that you will ever receive help again.

4. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I was wondering where the "bully clicky" Frizzy girl was! You finally posted! Wow.

I never asked for help, did I? I asked if anyone was told a certain thing but a medical professional..

So, little miss "Snarky" (love the new word by the bossy clique) again, never asked for anyone's HELP. I asked if anyone heard something.
    Big difference. Now back to your scheduled "bashing someone" on the board.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

your rudeness continues. Bless your heart.

6. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

You seriously need to take it down a notch. Your own hysterics and sarcasm are what sent your post spiraling down the toilet.

7. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Time to settle down.

8. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Can you lock it Jeff?

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Though I did expect you to react as you did to my post, I want to you know that my suggestions were whole-heartedly well-intentioned and I am sorry you missed the whole point of my post and chose to see it the way you did, oak-allergies and all. I wish you the best and much health for your whole family.

Wishing you a good day and hopefully a great weekend.

10. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

Love you're wonderful attitude and good character!!

11. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Sometimes its so dang hard to decipher someones meaning in a post. I often see things that arent there because I cant see the persons face or listen to the tone of their voice. For me those things are very important to be able to decide how the person is feeling when they say something to me.

Ive known the OP for quite awhile now and know that she adores her child more then life itself. I also have seen that when she is upset or scared or stressed she tends to use humor to try and deal with those feelings. M, I wont speak for you but I think thats what happened here;)

Paula is one of the kindest most caring people on these boards. She ALWAYS has something nice and positive to say about people no matter how theyve presented themselves and no matter how theyve treated her. Honestly M, she would never, ever say something to hurt you or try to make you look foolish. She genuinely wants to help people through this shi**y journey as best she can:cwds:

And my answer to the OP. Our CDE is the best! We adore her and respect her. She has never told us to run Steven low so that his A1C would improve not even for one low a day. She always takes the time and looks over the log book and really listens to us about his day to day management and difficulties we're having. If you feel that L's CDE isnt being respectful or taking the time to discuss issues with you, could you ask for another? I think that relationship is so important to our kids.

12. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm going to keep this very simple, in order to have good control...Not on purpose of coarse, But the truth is that...Highs and lows are part of it....

No, I have never had anyone at the Endo's office suggest purposely causing lows. Anything is possible, but O doubt that's what you were being told. You might want to call her back for clarification.

13. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

I am sorry Paula, you have always been so nice to everyone here!!!

<3 Paula <3

14. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Wheres the LIKE button for this!!!
    I, too agree, with everyone else that perhaps the OP miss understood the CDE and that she meant that some lows are expected when you aim for a lower range.

and I'm sorry but it is very tacky and disrespectful to take issues from this thread and throw them into a SAD thread about someone losing a loved one...and then even worse that people jump on board that the clique is attacking again. (and I don't even agree there is a clique and if there is I want my invitation!) Also, to point out Frizzy jumping in was just rude. She was defending Paula, just like several others. I guess Frizzy is a friend that will have your back in public, and not just privately because they are afraid. Way to stick up for someone.

15. caspi

caspi Approved members

BINGO! Well said!

16. wilf

wilf Approved members

You know it's funny about threads. Sometimes an OP will be asking one question, but over the course of thread it becomes obvious to everyone posting that there's actually one or more other issues that the OP should be thinking about. I think that's what happened here.

It's happened in threads of mine too. And the instinctive response is to get one's back up and say - "Wait a minute, that wasn't my question!".. I admit I have responded like that myself on more than one occasion.. :eek:

But more often than not, the comments on the other issues (the ones we didn't ask about originally) are actually the most important ones for us to hear.. :cwds:

17. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

YES!!! What she said!!!

18. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

No it's not but it probably should have been a long time ago. A couple of days ago, the same question that has now been deleted was asked directly to me in the "dissapointing A1C" thread. I felt at the time that the post was intended to stir up a problem in that thread so I ignored it.

B.P., I really don't get why after clearly asking for advice you have been hostile towards people who have taken time to give you some really good advice.

19. Lee

Lee Approved members

Because she is in her own clique...

And this coming from the mother who is terrified of overnight lows...

I also am educated and intelligent enough to take an off-handed comment from my CDE and not blow it out of proportion, misinterpret it, get pissed when people don't back me, throw out that my friends think I am great yet also mention that they are all too chickensh!t to come here and support me, attack people who are not to chickensh!t to back their friends in public, throw my bullcrap into other threads, and then have the gall to say I wasn't even asking a question...

Because this is what BP did. I was refraining from posting, but I guess my clique missed me, either that or my box o'wine kicked in.

20. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

rainbows and butterflies people... rainbows and butterflies...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.