- advertisement -

Has anyone tried this carb 0 bread?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by joy orz, Jul 9, 2012.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

That's not bread - that's cardboard. It might taste OK but it's not bread.

Carbs are not the enemy. The goal is NOT to not give insulin ... it's to give the proper amount of insulin.

$0.02

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

I haven't tried that one. Wow the price! Sara Lee makes a really nice multi grain low carb bread that is really good that I like a lot. It is slightly smaller in size than some bread which is nice for younger kids who don't eat that much, or adults trying to lose weight. It has 45 cals and 9 g of carbs per slice.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Are you guys GF? Or does the bread just happen to be GF?

I like the Vermont Bread Co breads for Maddie - they are wheat breads so no GF but also no HFCS or sugar added, good fiber and I think 15g less 3g fiber for a good sized slice of bread - seems to spike very little.

5. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Ava and I are both gluten free so I am always on the lookout for "not cardboard" tasting bread. I wasn't trying for low carb, but I was interested in taste and how to dose for it.

6. Anyelday

Anyelday Approved members

My MIL ordered us some and it should be here soon. I have wanted to try it for a while. I was wondering the same thing about how to cover for it...

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Based on the label, it is not 0 carbs. It is actually 9 carbs per serving.

8. kallygirl

kallygirl Approved members

Looks good! I typically take out half the fiber for anything over 5 grams, so I would probably dose this at 5 carbs to see how it does. Might need nothing since it is so high fiber. I will have to try this one.