- advertisement -

Has anyone had this happen with there Guardian Transmitter?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Abbysmom, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Abbysmom

Abbysmom Approved members

I have my daughter in a study so she can get a cgm. She is three and we are covered by state health insurance in Indiana. My understanding is she can not get a cgm outright because she is under y and insurance won't pay for it.

Anyways we started 12/22 and two weeks ago her transmitter stopped working. It turns out the inside of the inside of the transmitter where it plugs in is completely destroyed. The pins are poking out and all bent.
    My nurse who is in charge of the study sent me a new one. Medtronic is unable to replace it themselves because we are in this study and so it isn't quite ours.

Today at 12:30 I got a lost sensor. She had been wearing it a week and it was loose so I pulled the site out and then disconneted the sensor and put it right side up into the charger. It did not light up. I left and at 6 pm I pulled the transmitter off the sensor and put in a new site and connected it and it did not light. I disconnected it and looked in and once again the connection is smashed!

Medtronic can't help me and I emailed my nurse but once again I have stuck my baby for nothing and I am worried we might get kicked off the study or something. I am not doing anything wrong.

Medtronic says they have never encountered this problem before.

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Did the nurse send you a brand new one or could it have possibly been another used transmitter? Maybe the clinic transmitters get a fair amount of wear and tear. I've used a MM cgms for 3 years and haven't personally seen any problems in the connection area (but it's possible).

3. Abbysmom

Abbysmom Approved members

It was sealed in the box

In fact they both were. Certainly I have to be doing something but I sure don't know what.

I actually heard back just now that a rep will be contacting me from medtronic.

4. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Kim (flutterby) I believe had transmitters with busted pins...maybe she'll pop in here.