advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever heard of MedImpact?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by zell828, Jul 22, 2008.

1. zell828

zell828 Approved members

My husband got a check in the mail from them for $101.93. No letter, nothing. Just indicates it was a claims credit. I have no clue what it was for. I hate to cash it and be on the hook for something. I'm trying to call the number to see what it is for first.

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Also have him check with the insurance company that holds your health insurance. Sometimes with companies if you pay over a certian amount on certian bills checks are mailed direct to you. That has happened a few times with our insurance. Its always nice getting money in the mail. lol I would call the insurance company first and ask who it is. Good luck..

3. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Thanks! Yes, it's nice getting money in the mail but I am skeptical too and wonder then if it is too good to be true lol

4. LJS118

LJS118 Approved members

never heard of them...good luck, hope its legit

5. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

That is what ours said Claims Credit. No letter just a damn check.. I called our insurance company to make sure it was legit to cash and wasn't some sort of scam.

6. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Really? So I have hope it is legit? lol The money sure would be nice! :)

7. zell828

zell828 Approved members

I called our insurance company and MedImpact is affiliated with our insurance so the check is legitimate! How nice to get money you don't expect! :D

8. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Woohoo!! what a great surprise

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

10. KTurner52

KTurner52 Approved members

I know they are a processor for some prescription plans. Maybe you were owed some $$ back from rx's??

11. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Its always nice to get those checks in the mail. Ours normally come around October/November always nice to have that money though.

12. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

That's great! I love getting money back I'm not expecting... it's like finding a $5 bill in the jacket you packed away for the winter, then taking it out the next year only to find the nice surprise!

Also, I work at a credit union and if you are ever not sure about a check that you receive, if you are not sure about the legitmacy of the check, you could always request that a hold be placed on the check if your financial institution doesn't automatically do it.... if it is a bad check, you will find out usually within a few days.