- advertisement -

Happy milestone!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Emma is almost 7. She has still be sleeping in pullups because I swear, several nights a week she's either low and drinking lots of juice overnight, or high and needing to pee because she's high. Its not unusual for twice a week for her to wake up with a wet bed despite her pullups

Sun night, she forgot to put on a pull up before she went to bed. Her body woke her up to go to the bathroom - 3 times.

She hasn't worn one since - her body has woken her up every night to go to the bathroom. It wasn't doing that before, so I'm thrilled that it finally and we, for the most part, can finally put this phase behind us. I'm sure there will still be nights but so happy to have finally gotten rid of the pull ups!!

2. JaxDad

JaxDad Approved members

Yay! I know how happy you feel. Or I guess I should say I know how happy I'll be when that day arrives for us.

3. Lynnieg123

Lynnieg123 Approved members

That's a great milestone! We finally hit it with my 6 year old, Non D son over the summer. His pediatrician kept saying not to worry and he wouldn't go to college in pull ups but it felt like he would sometimes! Hope she keeps up the good work!

4. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

yay! I also hope the day arrives for us. My 6 year old non-D son still hasn't met that point...but it'll happen. Great for you and for her!!