- advertisement -

Happy, Happy, happy...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by toohughey, Nov 22, 2011.

1. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

to have learned that my insurance will get my DD a new dexi every year and pay 90%. That means $110 for me.

Of course I find this out now, when we got her original Dexi in August of 2010. I found out when I called for a new shipment of sensors and the nice lady asked how it was going. I says that I am worried about the age of the transmitter and that it may give out soon. She does a check and tells me the good news and transfers me to the insurance people.

It will be here in a couple of days!! I rarely get these kind of surprises. Does any one else have more than one system and how do you take advantage of that?

TRACY

2. buggle

buggle Approved members

Cool!

We still have a high deductible and have to pay an additional 20% for DME. But... my pleasant surprise is that pods and sensors are covered under our Rx plan. And - the pharmacy that provides our sensors got 2 months at a time approved for each copay!

Everyone should really check their benefits. I had to do a lot of pushing and calling to get Rx coverage, but eventually it worked.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

I LURV these surprises! Unfortunately, when I check my benefits, my surprise is not so nice!

4. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Sadly true for us as well!:(

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

For me it seems that the surprises are that the insurance is no longer covering as well as it used to:(