- advertisement -

Haley passed out

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by BRANDYB, Aug 31, 2009.

1. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

Haley passed out for some reason today. I was at work and my husband called saying Haley fell in the bathroom floor and was out cold. Checked bs and it was 200. Why would she have passed out like that? Should I be worried?

2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Im sorry she passed out, ihope she is doing better

How long was she out before a blood test, does she take really hot showers?

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

I would definitely call the endo and look into taking her to the ER. She shouldn't just pass out...was she really high before going into the shower? If so, maybe her blood sugar dropped really quickly...

But I wouldn't play with it!

4. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I hope you figure it out. There are other reasons people pass out so it could have been something other than diabetes.

5. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

She wasnt in the shower. She felt sick to her stomach and ran to the bathroom and just fell out. Charlie checked and she was 200

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

Did you call the endo yet? I would seriously consider taking her to the ER...kids just don't usually pass out!

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I would have her examined by her endo instead of asking people on this site to guess at what might be wrong (no offense, people!) :cwds:

8. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

how is she feeling now? If it happens again I would take her in. Low blood pressure can cause fainting. Seeing a Doctor would be a good idea..just to rule out anything else.

9. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

Something similar to this happened a few weeks ago with Reese, but he did not pass out. He just said he felt sick and then he looked pale (lips were gray) and he broke out in a cold sweat. We sat him down, gave him cold water and he felt better after a few minutes.

I did mention it at our endo appointment, and he decided to check his cortisol level and test for adrenal antibodies. We have not done the tests yet, that will be in Sept. It's worth asking about this.

BTW, nothing wrong with asking here AND asking your Dr. as well.

10. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I'd go with your regular ped vs endo and here's why.
    You checked her bg and it doesn't appear to be from a low. Endos have such a hard time seeing that kids can have things happen as a result of things besides d, its nice to have another perspective.

Happened to Sam once, he hadn't drank much and it was a hot day--I think his blood pressure was super low when he got up. Endo was of no help

11. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

Thanks guys. She feels fine now. She is nauseated but bs is okay and she seems okay.

12. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

yeah im with Becky, she should be seen by a doctor ASAP. I hope shes all right

13. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

I'd have her seen as well.

I passed out last year.. and I was severely dehydrated. Could she be dehydrated??? Have you tested for Keytones?

Keep us posted if you take her in!

14. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

I agree. Call her pedi for advice on this one.

15. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Around here, parents are advised to go to the ER for any loss of consciousness in a child (I heard that 2.5 years too late).

16. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Nausea can be a sign of a concussion. It is possible she hit her head. She should be evaluated by a medical professional.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009