- advertisement -

Had a good cry

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by samheis, Nov 11, 2009.

1. samheis

samheis Approved members

When Sam was first diagnosed, a good few months went by where I had no clue how to dispose of our sharps containers. So the little coffee cans would fill up, and I would shove them under the kitchen sink. Once I figured it out, I dragged what I thought was all the canisters out and disposed of them.

Today I decided to clean out my cabinet, and guess what I found? 7 little canisters shoved full of needles stacked neatly in the back. :)oyes it's been 2 years since I've cleaned under there)

It just struck me hard. All the fears, anger, disbelief came rushing back to me. I sat on the floor and sobbed, remembering how strange and horrible the beginning of this diagnosis was. Funny how such a mundane little task reminded me of how different everything really is now.

Stupid little needles.

I shouldn't hate something that saves my sons life. But I do.

2. spamid

spamid Approved members

HUGS!!!!!!

We all understand.

3. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

More ((HUGS))

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh big (((hugs))) Anita:cwds:

5. Mom2Michael

Mom2Michael Approved members

(((Hugs)))) I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes the smallest thing can turn me into a puddle of tears, but it's good to cry it out and then pick yourself up and put on that smiley face again :) And remember, we're women and we're not supposed to burp or fart, so if we don't cry or nag we'll explode LOL Quote from an uncle of mine. :p

6. samheis

samheis Approved members

This made me LOL-my husband's favorite quote.

Thanks you guys. It really does feel better to let it out every once in awhile.

7. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

we just took our first full sharps container to the drug store and I had a huge lump in my throat, I know how you feel **hugs**

8. Toni

Toni Banned

I think a good cry now and then is therapuetic. And you probably felt a lot better afterwards.

9. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

I remember those days - Good for you to get it out!

10. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

I am so there with you! We've been using milk jugs and detergent jugs with holes cut in the top and when they start to fill up you really start wrapping your head around how many times they've been poked and how many more times there are going to be....So you have my sympathy and heartfelt hugs :)

11. gradysmom

gradysmom Approved members

(((HUGS)))
    I totally understand. I have a little basket of the boys' logbooks....from over 10 years ago. The first one still makes me cry.

12. Little Diabetic Dude

Little Diabetic Dude Approved members

I too have all the sharps bins because you have to take them to a special place to dispose of them in Australia so no I didn't keep them because I wanted them but rather more I leave them there, the more I am reminded of what my son has to go through from day to day. Needles are dying down because we are on a pump now 6 mths after diagnosis but it still hurts to watch your children having to go through that.
    Hugs to you!!!

13. JJsMomma

JJsMomma Approved members

I just saw a glimpse into your soul....and it was beautiful.
    That was so well put. Heartbreaking, but true.

14. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I understand....I recently came across the BG log/insulin log the hospital kept while in Pedi ICU...It too made me cry..:(