- advertisement -

Great West?

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Jacque471, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Does anyone use GreatWest Healtcare? Any ideas on how their coverage is for diabetes on their PPO plan? Do they cover CGMS?

I know each plan is different, but while we are waiting to get a copy of the benefits coverage I am hoping to get some info.

We actually had a plan through them prior to 10-07, then our company got bought out and we had to change and now they are going to change us again. UGH! If it wasn't for diabetes, I would not care, but I really hope I am getting a step up in coverage and not a step back!

2. DebbieR

DebbieR Approved members

Yes we are under a GreatWest PPO plan. Getting pumps through them a year ago was quite bureaucratic (they required c-peptide tests), but they approved cgms for both children in December without any issues. Pump and sensor supplies are through Edgepark and we do mailorder via Express Scripts for everything else. So far, nothing bad to say. They did introduce an education/monitoring program for chronic conditions last year. We enrolled the children. We get access to a nurse-line (which we don't really need) in exchange for answering a lengthy set of questions every 3 months. It can get a little annoying - if it was linked to reduced or no co-pays for diabetes then it would be more worthwhile (I think this is a benefit some other insurers offer for this type of program, but not GreatWest).

3. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Thanks for the info. We had GreatWest when I was pregnant with Logan and they had a similar survey/nurses line for that as well. It did get annoying, but I survived LOL

I am happy to hear about the CGMS. We use Edgepark currently, so that should be easy enough when the time comes to just have them update our inurance info and once again get approval.