- advertisement -

Great way to count the carbs in home made desserts

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rtjlolson, Feb 27, 2011.

1. rtjlolson

rtjlolson Approved members

For those of you who like to bake, but find it hard to figure out the number of carbs in the treats you make, I thought I'd share what I like to do. I have a software program called Master Cook 9 which I've had for a few years. It's very inexpensive and a great what to type in the recipe and it will figure out the number of grams of carbs. I usually write the total # of grams for the whole recipe on the recipe card, then when I make the recipe if I choose to make the cookies smaller or bigger than last time I can just divide the total by the number of cookies I get that time. Hope this is helpful to some of you!

2. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Thanks! I'm going to Google it.

3. Mom2asweetdiabetic

Mom2asweetdiabetic Approved members

Thanks what a great program

4. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

Thank you for sharing :)

5. sahmcolorado

sahmcolorado Approved members

That is similar to what I do, too! I use www.nutritiondata.com. It's free and you can enter your own recipes. It has a pretty expensive database of foods or you can add your own. Then you select the foods for your recipe and it calculates complete nutritional info for you. You can even download a pdf of the standard nutrition data label. I paste them onto the recipe page in my cookbook.