- advertisement -

Great endo visit

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CassiesMama, Jun 23, 2010.

1. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Cassidy had her appt. today and it went so well. I love the cpnp we saw her name is Molly. She made Cassie's visit fun and brought a huge smile to her face. Gave her a new green meter since we havent been able to find a green contour, plus gave her 2 sheets of skins for her meters. She saw how often we were testing and suggested upping our test strips each month which I gladly accepted, plus she gave us some samples of the new nano pen tips and wrote a script for those as well. We also finally got Cassie's A1C down to 6.9% talk about ready to do a happy dance. Its a shame that we had to have our happy D day get rained on a bit cause the insurance wont cover the pen needles, but I am sure after I let off a few mama bear roars at people tomorrow they might change their tune. :rolleyes: I can hope at least.

2. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

What kind of pen needles do you need?

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Great news on the A1C Chrystelle:) I know how hard youve worked for that and it paid off big time! Tell the insurance company that you need the pen needles and you need them now! Stupid insurance companys anyhow!

4. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

Great number! Keep up the good work.

5. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Wonderful news on the A1c! Very happy for you both! Way to go!! :)

6. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Called the insurance and they are like well too bad you cant get those you can only get these ones. Unless her doc is willing to do a prior auth. then they will ok them. Well the freaking endos office wont do the prior, going to try calling them again tomorrow and see if I can talk to Molly directly, she was super excited to get Cassidy the 4mm needles so if I talk to her maybe just maybe we might get them. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

The endo's office should do what is best for Cassidy and thats to make shots as comfortable as possible, hope they decide that is true