- advertisement -

Great Endo Appt.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by yelley, Aug 12, 2010.

1. yelley

yelley Approved members

I am a little late in posting this, but had to share.

Danielle had her 2nd follow up appt after dx on July 26th.

Her A1C:
    At dx - 13.8 (3/31/10)
    1st follow up - 8.4 (5/18/10)
    2nd follow up - 5.7 (7/26/10)

Moving in the right direction!

This appt was not with her regular endo so when we showed up and they saw that she was on the pump, they kept commenting "Wow,on the pump already and recently dx'd?"

I thank this forum and a good friend that heads up a support group here, for providing me with the knowledge I needed to get her up and going on the pump. If I would not have asked about the pump chances are that she would still be on MDI.

So here's to all you wonderful informative parents!

2. CamsMom

CamsMom Approved members

Way to go! Sounds like an awesome appointment. :D

3. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Wow! Jealous!
    Do you have many lows?

4. yelley

yelley Approved members

Not too many. She is usually right around 90-120.

If she has lows it usually follows swimmimg. Even at that I think the lowest she has gone this summer was 67.

I can thank the honeymoon for all this... I keep explaing to my daughter, things wont always work like this. Hubby now finally understands that we have help on our side (with the honeymoon) and knows that will change.

She is also taking part in the Dyamid study, but who knows if she is actually getting the "real deal" or just placebo. Her first injection was 7/1/10 so don't know if that has anything to do with it.

5. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

That would be great if she is actually on the Dyamid with those fantastic numbers! How long is the trial? Do they tell you at the end if she was on it, or on the placebo?

Were her numbers that good PRIOR to the first injection:?

6. yelley

yelley Approved members

The trial last 2 1/2 years. After that they will tell which group you were in.

Before the first injection her numbers were still pretty good so it is hard for me to say. She just had the 2nd injection end of July so we will see.

I will be most curious with her next endo appt in Oct. to see if her A1C is staying low.

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

wow! sounds like you all are doing a great job :)