- advertisement -

Grandparent T1D Education Study in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Grandparents' started by Laura Maguire RN MS, Oct 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Laura Maguire RN MS

Laura Maguire RN MS Approved members

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Laura Maguire, I am a family nurse and PhD student at the University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing in Worcester, MA. I am posting to share information about our study "Grandparent Education through Simulation - Diabetes". We are exploring methods of teaching T1D information and skills to grandparents of grandchildren (age 12 and younger) diagnosed with T1D. Eligible grandparents receive a single 90-minute one-to-one T1D teaching session provided by a certified diabetes educator nurse at no charge. Study participants must travel to the University of MA campus to receive T1D teaching. Interested grandparents are welcome to contact Laura Maguire at 1-508-981-1932, or LauraLynn.Maguire@umassmed.edu. A study brochure is attached for your review.
    Thank you for your time,
    Laura Maguire RN, MS

Attached Files:

2. Laura Maguire RN MS

Laura Maguire RN MS Approved members

Thank you, Grandparent T1D Education Study enrollment now closed.

Thank you, Our Grandparent T1D Education Study enrollment is now closed as we have successfully recruited 30 participants.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Just curious why the study was limited to Grandparents and not secondary care givers?