advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Approved for My insulin pump

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Tiera20, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Tiera20

Tiera20 Approved members

Hi My name is Tiera and I was diagnosed with diabetes on Christmas of last year. I know must insurance companies require you to have been diabetic for at least 6 months before to try the insulin pump or at least Ive heard that. But I talked to my case manager form my insurance about and told her about why I really need the insulin pump (my job). She is very understanding I have had her as my case manager for about 3 years now. She told me to go ahead and send the paper work in for the insulin pump so my endo did. She had to pull a few strings but I got approved for the animas ping insulin pump.

2. Kent T

Kent T Approved members

Congrats. I think you'll love pumping once you get past the first 6-8 weeks and get basal rates where they need to be. Once you're comfortable with the pump mechanics of operating it, you'll feel like you've had it a lot longer. I just got my own Ping Last Saturday, it is nicknamed FRED II (Frigging Ridiculous Electronic Device II)