- advertisement -

Google introduces smart contact lenses for diabetics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mommy For Life, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

2. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

Cool idea but wouldn't wear them. I've worn color contacts before but after a few hours they bother the heck out of me. So prob would be the same with any type of to contacts

3. Don

Don Approved members

I think the color is from alerts that would sparkle in your vision when you are out of range. I don't think the lenses themselves are colored.

4. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

Ummm huh? I was talking about wearing contacts and not liking them ....

5. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I think it is interesting but so many have issues with contacts and would not think they would be very useful for little ones.

6. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

I think it looks great, but it's unclear how you would get the readings - via bluetooth to a receiver like a dexcom, on a smartphone, some other way? Maybe they just haven't gotten that far. If it just warns you that you are out of range, then it would be of kind of limited use.

7. Don

Don Approved members

This blog indicates that yes, readings could transmit to a multitude of devices including smartphones and google glass. I wonder if the system would work with just one lens, so the discomfort of wearing contacts can be alternated between eyes.

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Somewhat misleading title for this thread. They are not introducing a new smart contact lens. It is only in the very early stages of development. IF it even works, and IF it even gets approved by the FDA it is many many many years away from being "introduced".