- advertisement -

Good morning, ladies and gents - just found you here!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Teacups, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Well, I've been on the forums for 3+ months but just noticed this "off-topic" forum. Yay! So wanted to say hello and introduce myself in case I post a bit here now and then. :)

My dh and I have 3 boys, almost 14, 11 and 8 years old. During the last week of school, my 11yo was not feeling well at all. We took him in to an urgent care facility on our way for a family bike ride at a nature center over Memorial Day weekend. We never made it as our plans were sidetracked with his dx. The summer has been full of learning for us! And even though we didn't get our bike ride that day back in May, we went over Labor Day. Sort of a bittersweet victory for our family.

We have been a homeschool family in the past, but sent all the boys to public school after moving to a new community in January. The 8th grader is still in ps, but after dx, we decided to enroll our younger dss in a community school. They attend 2 days/week and work the other days at home. It's not what I anticipated for this school year, but we're finding our new groove. And overall it's working for us.

My username is b/c my dgma gave me her collection of teacups. So I've started collecting various "tea" items. Though I much prefer drinking coffee, LOL! I enjoy knitting. I'm waiting for Lost Season 6 on instant streaming Netflix, and watching Alias in the meantime!

So just wanted to say "hello!"

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Hi and Welcome!

3. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

Hello! and glad you found us ... sorry you needed to .. but glad you did :cwds:

Crystal

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Welcome to the forums. There are lots of places to post and to read. I usually click on the New Posts link on the bar above this pane and look over all the new posts regardless of how they are filed -- it is a quicker way to see what's happening in all the different sections.

There is also a section on introductions.

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Hi and Welcome.. glad you finally got in that bike ride!:)

Sounds like you've found your new groove and things are going well!:)

6. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

hi there!

I'm chris, I have 4 girls. Ashleigh 11, Madisyn 9, Emely 7, and Catie 11 months.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis, Ashleigh was also diagnosed this year at age 11.

7. PrimAdonna

PrimAdonna Approved members

Hello! My 11 yr old son was recently diagnosed (8/31). Since the nearest support group is more than an hrs drive for us this forum has been a life saver. Glad to see other home schoolers here :)

8. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Welcome to the site! :cwds:

9. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

10. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Welcome! I love the that you have a collections of teacups.

11. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

Thanks! I need to find a place to display them now that we're settled after moving!

12. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

So it's been just over a month for your family... ((((((hugs)))))).

I'm thankful for a local chapter of JDRF though I've only met one person so far. We have our first get-together in a couple of weeks that I'm looking forward to attending!

And interestingly, ds's community school (probably less than 50 students) has 2 families who have CWD. One attends w/ ds and one goes elsewhere but has 2 siblings there. So that's been some support.

And I'm very appreciate of these boards as well! I've turned here for advice and support already. I don't feel as if I'm imposing as much as when I turn to the people I've met IRL who have CWD.

And about hsing, it's really been the best choice for ds. He had so many lows over the summer... we had concerns about the middle school for him already. This just helped make the decision for us. I'm enjoying the team-teaching aspect!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!