- advertisement -

good endo visit

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Our3girls, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

SO happy our endo appointment last Friday went well. Her a1c at dx was 13.5, February 10.4 and now 7.5!!!! Just had to celebrate a little for the positive movement, to people that understand what language I am talking :p
    In a month we should (fingers crossed) get a cgm. She is a gadget girl so that makes her happy, plus she likes the fact she will not have to poke her finger quite so much. Oh and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory was YUMMY! She always gets to choose after her appts. Have a good day.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Awesome!!

I will NOT be posting about our A1c.:eek::eek::(

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Great post. It is important to also recognize the good things that happen in our lives as well. :cwds:

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Kara thats great news! You guys have been working so hard and I can see its really paying off:)

5. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Wow, great numbers, big congrats!:D

6. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

so.... I have to ask....... (congrats first of all!)

What do you do to get that magic number? I see your child was only dx'ed like 4 months ago. Kat has been at this since 2004 and her lowest A1c ever was 8.0 which she had ONCE and her averages are always in the 9 range. And I proudly post her numbers because I work hard for them. Nobody should be ashamed because we all work our tails off literally 24/7/365! :cwds:

Does your child use the pump or MDI?

7. rare

rare Approved members

That is wonderful news. Congrats on the great endo visit. :)

8. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

Thank you all so much. It is funny my friends all said good job (I hope) LOL I try and try to explain what it is and what it means, but you guys know how great it is and it is fun to do a little happy dance with you all!!

I will NOT be posting about our A1c.:eek::eek::([/QUOTE]

Oh trust me this is why I am so excited because I know there will be those times when it will not be something to celebrate :eek:

To be honest we have tried to test frequently and work to keep it as close to 80-200 which works for us. We go higher and we go lower but do not worry to much about those or we would go crazy!! We did not do a winter sport and will be taking on a summer sport so we shall see how that affects her. We are just trying to keep it positive and up beat and celebrate the good times and let the bad times roll off our backs!! We are doing MDI and hope to go to a pump in September.

Again THANK YOU ALL!!!

9. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

Great job! Congratulations! We all know how much work it takes to get there!