- advertisement -

Good Endo in Washington State

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CoopersMom, Jul 17, 2011.

1. CoopersMom

CoopersMom Approved members

Well we are moving down to Washington from Alaska and will be looking for a new Endo. Anyone live in Washington that has suggestions? Thanks so much:)

2. bibrahim

bibrahim Approved members

If you are in Vancouver, Washington I recommend Legacy Emmanuel in Portland. If in Seattle area you could call the Trialnet provider there (Beymoral or something like that) and ask for a referral.

3. giddyup_go

giddyup_go Approved members

Which part of Washington are you moving to? There are endos in Seattle & Spokane, as well as Portland, OR.

4. TheTestingMom

TheTestingMom Approved members

5. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

If you are talking the Eastern side of the state, I cannot say enough about our endo; are we allowed to give names here?

We initially went to Legacy in Portland, but were not thrilled with a few things, so we made the switch to Spokane. We live 3+ hours from either one, just a different direction to travel!

6. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

You can name names.

7. CoopersMom

CoopersMom Approved members

Im sorry I should have specified where. I will be in Mill Creek/Everett Area

8. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Melissa, sometimes your pump company can recommend a good endo

9. giddyup_go

giddyup_go Approved members

I don't know any of the endocrinologists there, but we do have experience with the rheumatology department at Seattle Children's Hospital. They were fantastic. We loved the experience, if you can love something like your child going under anesthesia for an MRI, lol. Really awesome facility! :) Could you ask your current endo for advice / reference?

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics-programs/endocrinology/your-care-team/

10. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

check out the blog "I am your pancreas" the woman who writes it adores the clinic she takes her son to in the Seattle area, I know it's smaller but she feels they get really great specialized care there and aren't just another patient KWIM.
    We're in Tacoma and really like the Mary Bridges Childrens clinic endo team...so if that's not too far I'd say they rock.
    When are you moving here? There are some great support groups in the area, too. PM me if you need more details.

11. SFGingerBeerSoda

SFGingerBeerSoda Approved members

When my Endo on the East side is not on call I have worked with an Dr. Christina Gerhardt, Seattle Children's Hospital. I have not met her in person but I have spoken with her a number of times. Dr. Gerhardt trained with our Endo and I'd recommend him to anyone (and have). Hope this gives you a place to start.

12. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

Welcome once you get here. We live in the same area (acutally in Everett right now and moving to the Mill Creek area next month). We use Dr. Pihoker at Seattle Children's Hospital but I hear that all of the endos there are wonderful. We mainly chose her because she was familiar with our kids' rare type of diabetes. I can't say enough good about them and don't mind the ride. It's usually about a 30-45 minute drive from Everett area depending on the time of day. I'll send you a PM with my contact info if you want to know more.

13. CamsMom

CamsMom Approved members

If your talking Spokane. Send me an email and I will forward you on the name of the endo we use.

14. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

Okay, well in that case, Christopher Kishiyama in Spokane WA. Awesome.

I see though that the OP is going to be in the Everett area, so obviously Seattle would be the better choice there!