- advertisement -

Good Books

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by kiwikid, Jul 26, 2007.

1. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

I thought I'd start a new thread for this:

I have the "Type 1 Diabetes - A Guide for Children etc"
    It is good but I must admit I haven't looked at it lately.

"Sweet Kids - How to Balance Diabetes Control and Good Nutrition with Family Peace" - This is GREAT!! especially when starting out, recommended.

"Using Insulin" and "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh. These are both great and have lots of hints and tips and tables to work with. I did 'sell' "Using Insulin" on TradeMe, but the buyer never paid :rolleyes: so its still available if anyones interested. It was published in 2003 and is up to date with Lantus etc

I also have the Parents Manual which comes out in the Roche "KIT" when your child is dx'd, BUT when Rachel was dx'd we had to pay $30 for it:(

And the Pocket Guide to GI for Children with Diabetes which is a handy little book.

You can read the "Pink Panther" book online so I've never bought it :p
    http://www.uchsc.edu/misc/diabetes/ud11.html

I'm happy to share these books if you PROMISE I'll get them back - maybe your D Nurse has them already though. I know the D team at Taranaki Health Board has them, because I ordered them for them!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007