- advertisement -

gonna need a good endo in the portland oregon area

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by valerie-k, Feb 2, 2012.

1. valerie-k

valerie-k Approved members

anybody live around there and know of a good one? we are going to move in a few months and I will need to find another clinic/dr for matt.

Also, anybody know about what kind of insurance is offered? My dh is getting a job out there, but I am not sure about bennies if there even are any at this point (start up company) Anybody use oregon kid care, thats what I have been able to google up so far.

2. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Valerie, I just emailed my friend who live in Vancouver, WA. She has an adult dd with type 1 and has worked in the hospital with patients with D. Not sure how long it will be before she reads her email, but if she doesn't come on here she will email me back and I will get back to you. Also, don't know if you know Bonnie P., on FB or on here, but she lives in Portland.

3. Mommy To 4

Mommy To 4 Approved members

We live near Salem, but see the endo at OHSU. Oregon Health & Science University. It is my understanding that they have one of the better diabetes centers. You can google Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Center and get a lot of good information. We were diagnosed there and have only been going since September but find Dr. Raymond really easy to work with.

4. marciaWA

marciaWA New Member

You have 2 very good options in the Portland area-- OHSU and Emanual Childrens-- You can't go wrong with either one. The endos at Emanual were trained at OHSU.. Dr Boston is great at OHSU and is medical director of our diabetes camp and the CDE's are wonderful. I like Dr Selva at Emanual a lot *She also works at camp.. :) Just ask around and find someone who suits your personality. they are all very qualified.

5. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Valerie, Marcia is the one I told you about.

6. marciaWA

marciaWA New Member

PS-- I'm Beth's friend..my daughter Stephanie went to OHSU-- dx'd age 2 1/2-- now 28--We are very fortunate to have 2 great children's diabetes centers in Portland.

7. Paula+four

Paula+four Approved members

We go to Pediatric Endocrinology of Portland - http://www.pedsendopdx.com/. This is a small clinic located in the medical building at St. Vincent's Hospital, which has a Portland address but they are right next to Beaverton. They have an excellent team of doctors and staff who go out of their way to help you.