- advertisement -

Going TONIGHT to meet/see Bret Michaels !!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Midwestmomma, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

:D:D:D:D My son "T" has been participating since July 1st with our local pharmacy along with 6 other T1D kids to raise awareness of T1D, and $$ for JDRF. They have had a professional photo shoot, they have done a local county fair parade, they have done 4 radio remotes to promote awareness/raise donations. This went from July 1st to August 31st....

And guess who collected the most donations for the pharmacy/JDRF ??? MY SON !!! He LOVED promoting/raiseing awareness. It has brought him out of his shy about D-ness. And he has met other kids with D...since we dont have to many around us. He has met great people too along the way.

He won the prize of 2 FRONT ROW tickets to see Bret tonight !! The other kids also received 2 tickets a piece, but closer to the back. I told him he could choose ANYONE to sit in the front with him...his girlfriend, a friend...anyone. He thought about it for a couple days. Then he chose me !! :D He said that since I do so much for him, and take care of him at night, that I deserved to go up front too.

Bret is doing a meet/greet with all the kids before the show too. He(Bret) was on our local radio station yesterday and mentioned raffling off a signed guitar from him to support the pharmacy efforts for JDRF. Bret also mentioned possibly sending a few of the kids to D camp and paying for it for them.

Needless to say, we are all on cloud 9.

*I'll update ya tomorrow how it all was!!!! WHoo Hoo !!

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

OMG That is fantastic!!!!!:D:eek: I am so excited for you guys;) Tell Brett that we parents of CWD (Well, many of us) Think that he does an awesome job of raising awareness and supporting our young CWD

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Show off!;) Seriously, totally cool! Have a great time!

4. momof2greatkids

momof2greatkids Approved members

Congratulations to your son for working so hard to raise awareness - it really paid off with front row tickets!

Have a great time tonight! I love Bret Michaels!

5. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Monday is going to be such a fun day for your son at school! And how cool he wants you to be the one with him tonight, awwwww sweet boy.

Congrats and have a great time! :)

6. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

We are back from the concert :D The "Bret" people only let the kids and the pharmacist and his wife go back with the kids to meet him. All 7 of the kids were BEYOND excited !!
    From what I have been told of the meeting...They gave Bret a Diabetes shirt that all of them had signed, they also gave him 2 shirts for his girls that they had all signed. The pharmacists' wife had one of the group pics from their photo shoot and he signed it. :D The kids had wrote letter to him that had been given to him previously...letters about them selves... He actually had read them and asked...."who wanted to do this when they grow up?...who said they do this now in school..." He shook all the kids' hands, gave them a guitar pic, and then gave them a bit of advice... He told them to follow their dreams, that they could be anything they wanted to be, and that they could do whatever in life that they wanted to. The kids told him about how much money they had raised over the summer for JDRF (they raised $2445, and the pharmacist is bumping it to an even $5000), Bret told the kids and pharmacist that he will match it for them !!!!:D $10,000 for JDRF !!!! That made the kids so happy !!

Tresston LOVED the concert !!! We got some pics, but I haven't uploaded them yet. AFTER the concert was over, the band manager guy came out and auctioned off a black electric guitar. It went for $3600 !!! They then auctioned off an acoustic flame design guitar with a rare Poison sticker on the back for $3100 !! Both guitars were going to be signed tonight by Bret and the new owners were going to meet Bret. All the proceeds are going to JDRF !!

I do believe "T" meeting with Bret made a great impression on him. :D

7. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

We were lucky enough to meet Bret last year at our children's hospital. He was very nice! Have a great time!