- advertisement -

Going from Dexcom G4 to G5?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ej132, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ej132

ej132 New Member

Hello everyone
    I currently have a G4 and recently found out I can upgrade to G5 for free. My question is has anyone tried the new Bluetooth G5? And how it's range compares to the current radio transmitter?

Also on another note is Bluetooth more harmful to the human body than the current radio waves G4 uses? I always think that if cell phones are still recommended not to have right on your body what are the effects of having these transmitters constantly sending snd receiving that are attached to our bodies.

Thanks for any help. -EJ

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

There are 2 or more threads addressing your first question, so I won't repeat the information that has already been posted.

I'd like to address your comment RE cell phones, however. It has not been demonstrated via any retrospective controlled studies (I'm talking REAL science here) that having a cell phone "right on your body" is harmful. That piece of misinformation has its basis in Woo Science.

3. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

In 1946 there was a popular ad campaign slogan "More doctors smoke Camels than any other brand."

http://tobacco.stanford.edu/tobacco...oking&subtheme_name=More Doctors Smoke Camels

Of course at the time no one knew the real dangers, but I'm sure there must have been a few 'woo scientists' who tried to raise warnings flags.

Mayo Clinic & the World Health Organization,both fairly respectable organizations, have stated there is not enough evidence to say for sure whether cell phone technology might be dangerous over the long term.

That said, there are many things to worry about in just day to day living. Every treatment has risks. Both known & unknown.

4. rgcainmd

Thank G_d it's almost 2016 and not 1946!

5. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

Nice to know since I've used mine as a pillow a couple of nights. I have read studies that suggest that if you hold it at arms length it can make you look dumber.

6. rgcainmd

I keep mine under the pillow. Not because I'm afraid to keep it against my body, though. I used to keep my cell phone, the Dexcom monitor, and the pump control arranged in a semicircle around my head while I slept for immediate access. Now I have to keep them under the pillow to prevent the Dottie dog from stealing one or more and chewing them to bits. (She already did this to one Dexcom receiver.)