advertisement

Gluten Free Flours For Making Pasta?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Food' started by MamaBear, May 19, 2011.

1. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I have a little question. I have a friend who has been very good to my family through our T1 Dx and through a recent injury I suffered. I am giving her a pasta maker as a thank you. She has Hashimotos and is pre-Type 2, and because of this she is very big into either buying specialty pastas and other foods, or making her own foods when she cannot find what she wants. She prefers gluten free and loves to bake with different varieties of flour from Bobs red mills. I was wondering though if any of you know what kinds of gluten free flours might work well for home made pasta? I want to give her a bag of flour to go with the pasta machine, and I know from talking to her that some of the varieties of gluten free flours work well for some making some things and not for others. Can anyone recommend any? Thanks!

2. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

You might want to post this in the celiac section as well. Celiac-ers might have some good ideas for you.

3. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Thank you I will do that. :)