- advertisement -

Glucose tabs... for all you Canadians living close to USA border..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Hayden'sMom, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Hayden'sMom

Hayden'sMom Approved members

Just did some price checking with my mom who is shopping across the line... bottles of 50 glucose tabs are just over 4$ there...Here at the Canadian Wholesale Club/Superstore, they are $8.49!!! soooooooo... it is worth the trip to stock up:)

2. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

It is insane the price difference!

3. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Target appears to be the Cheapest in Bellingham so far, Walgreens is the most expensive. They range from $4.00 up to $8.00 down there too.

4. Deal

Deal Approved members

I've found packages of large 'Rockets' at Bulk barn for much cheaper than glucose tabs. I believe they are basically identical to glucose tabs without the specialty food markup.

5. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

Can someone tell me whether glucose tabs leave a chalky/powdery film or 'sprinkles' of dust?

6. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

We use 'rockets' sometimes too. They also have them at Costco. And after Hallowe'en they are marked down - good time to stock up!:D

7. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Rockets, AKA Smarties in the USA are much cheaper down there too

8. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I use smarties a lot. A roll of the tiny ones is exactly 6 grams of carbs and a
    huge package or rolls is like $1.49. Sure beats the price of glucose tabs.

9. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

we use Skittles. I stock up at Halloween and Easter, because the fun sizes are about 115 - 17 carbs. I have the kids carry them everywhere!

ps. they wash well too when left if the pants pocket....and the bags don't break in the dryer either! (we don't eat after washing, fyi)