- advertisement -

Glucagon or Glycogen?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sooz, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristineJ

ChristineJ Approved members

I think price will likely depend on your insurance. For DS, I had to pay the "non-formulary" copay for his Glucagon, so Tier 3. They wouldn't cover Glucagen at all.

Christine

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I dug ours out last night to see which brand we have - Glucagon - but as I was looking at them, I discovered one of the syringes is broken at the top. When I did a practice with our old glucagon, the syringe shattered in my hand. Has anyone else had problems with the syringes having breaks in them?

3. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Just refilled our Glucagon the other day so I still have the CVS label, before insurance 2 kits were INS: $263.37 (not sure what INS is but assume that is what they bill the insurance co) according to the CVS label but all I had to pay was 1 co-pay for 2 kits.

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  5. lisab

lisab Approved members

I'd always wondered about the references to "Big Red"....

I now know that Glucagon is by Eli Lilly and is in a Red Case!! hmmmm.....

In Australia.... we have GlucaGen Hypokit by Novo Nordisk... that is in an Orange case!!

Always something new to learn on CWD :)

6. sooz

sooz Approved members

It is so interesting to hear about the differences in different countries, isn't it? I always have to try to figure out the different blood glucose measurements in Canada and GB vrs. the USA for example. I can't remember which way Australia does it. I did not know about glucagen either, I just thought it was all called glucagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.