- advertisement -

glucagon at school

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by deborah, Nov 3, 2006.

1. margaret

margaret Approved members

None taken and I certainly hope and pray your child or any other children with diabetes do not have to endure what my precious child has. And right now I'm not so sure he is able to handle the immediate discrimination and ignorance being thrust on him again. My biggest fear is an explosive situation because he is very bright and sees what this does to all of us. I too am sorry if I came on strong, but please understand what it does to a person who is consistently violated and has been fighting hard for almost 6 years, to listen to all the advice posted and we have BTDT! It's totally frustrating and I think it is disgusting that the system in this country does not protect children and their families. I myself have taken this as far as I can in this country and I guess my patience is thin, when again I wait for a response from our justice department. Margaret

2. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

I hope things get better, and you are able to get some results this time around. It sounds like your family has had more then the normal complications.

My DH's cousin who had cancer had alot of issues. They also had to go to court to get things figured out, and have her rights protected. She eventually ended up dropping out at 16, and getting her GED even though she was quite bright the school just never would work with them, and even though she didn't get credit for it her parents basically had to homeschool her for the most part. It is a shame that they will not do what is needed for kids, and their families. I wish I had some advise for you, but it soulds like you already have a lawyer, and that would be the best I could offer.

Take care, Jamie

3. margaret

Hey Jamie, No I don't have an attorney, I have taken this far by myself.
    Margaret

4. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Margaret, That is pretty impressive! Good job.

5. margaret

Hi Jamie, No offense taken and you always post very informative info, which I appreciate. Ditto, just voicing my opinion too!
    Margaret