- advertisement -

Gilrs and Pumps

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KarenLynn, Oct 30, 2007.

1. KarenLynn

KarenLynn Approved members

Hi

We will be getting the pump for Grace soon and I was wondering...

What do you do when your little girls wear dresses?? Where do you put the pump??

Thanks,

I'm sure I'll be here a lot in the days to come!!!

2. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Shorts with pockets for some, if the dress has pockets I sew a button hole behind it, I've added pockets into the fluffy dressed on the bottom layer high towards the top of the skirt of the dress. Tight dresses aren't really an issue for a 6 year old, but some women tuck it into their bra or panty hose.

3. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

jess wears her pump in a pump pouch thing all the time.. She wears spandex type short shorts under her dresses soher panties dont show during boluses. She has a bathroom in her classroom and does lunch bolus at the nurses office, so it is discrete anyways. If we are in public, i usually reach my hand up her dress and get the pump out.

4. cgates

cgates Approved members

Stevie runs the tubing inside her dress and hooks the pump to her panties or shorts (usually shorts when at school).

We have also purchased some clothing items that have pockets for the pump from http://pumpwearinc.com/ . Be warned though that their sizing many times is not correct; we've had to return items because of sizing mistakes. The company is pretty good about it but it can be a hassle returning things to them.

--Charles

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

usually Kaylee wears a pump pouch under her dresses.. although we have one dress from http://www.alana-mireilleapparel.com/servlet/StoreFront and she and I both LOVE it.. my parents are going to buy her a few more.. also.. she has a few lands end dresses that have nicely hidden pockets.. (pull over style dresses) just snip a little hole in the pocket of the dress.. and all works well:)

6. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

Tori also wears the pump pouch under her dress. Not even noticeable.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Dress-what's that??? Actually, one of the few times she has worn one, she wore leggings and clipped it to that.

8. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

My daughter wears the pod, so no issue with clothing. But very good questions. We were actually wondering that ourselves.:)
    Allene

9. Mojo's mommy

Mojo's mommy Approved members

Courtney wears her pump on her panties or tights as well. She wears alot of dresses and it does not seem to bother her at all.

10. Jenmom2grls

Jenmom2grls Approved members

I have a question along these lines. My Evelin wanted to wear a dress today soo bad, but I said no. wearing shorts under the dress sounds like a good idea, but the person that takes care of her at school is a male. Would I want a male reaching under her dress to do her pump? I hated saying no, but I couldn't think of a good way to do it.

11. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

12. keri

keri New Member

dresses

we have actually used the pump bands from pump wear and my daughter loves them, keri

another idea is to put the pump in a t-shirt, i've tried her underwear but it keeps falling out, the bands have really worked out nicely.

My daughter really likes dresses so i know what you are going through:eek: