- advertisement -

GF Finds

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by RosebudMama, Jun 8, 2009.

1. RosebudMama

RosebudMama Approved members

We've run across a few things in the past few days that are really yummy :)

We found the GF Honey Chex and Cinnamon Chex -- both great!!! Still on the lookout for Chocolate and Strawberry.

Pamela's Simplebites - Dark Chocolate Mini Cookies. O.M.Gsh...they are so stinkin' good. Crumble them up for a cookie crust or a topping for ice cream.

Chiclets...I know this isn't revolutionary or anything, but 1 packet is only 2 carbs and they're GF. My daughter was dealing with a high a few weeks ago and had a terrible sweet tooth...I picked up a packet and she was content. Not that you should let your kid eat gum or whatever, but...well...I'm not a perfect parent...

Redbridge Beer...no, not for the kiddos!!!! I found a beer bread recipe that I really want to try, but couldn't find a GF beer. Besides, I was curious...and it's not bad. Tastes like beer, I guess.

SOY JOY bars. We're still on the lookout for a homemade NutriGrain bar recipe...and have tried every commercial possibility you can think of trying to replace them in Addy's diet. Giving up NutriGrain bars has been, BY FAR, the hardest part of her celiac journey. She finds these SOY JOY bars acceptable. Not the same...but acceptable.

Anyone else have any kid friendly finds????

Wendy
    MY BLOG: http://rosefamilyaz.blogspot.com/

2. sheila

sheila Approved members

Glennys Brown Rice Marshmallow Treats = Rice Crispi Treats:D

3. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

The EnviroKidz bars are good - especially the PB ones with the chocolate drizzle - mmmm!

My oldest dd loves the Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles and Glutino's Zebra Dreams cookies.

4. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I bought a box of GF chocolate Chex mix.

OMG!

Chocolate Chex + PMS = A Very High BS for me!

I also have a ton of SoyJoy bars. I agree with the "acceptable" description. Not great but "acceptable" ;)

And Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle cookies never last long in my house. They are the BEST!

5. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We recently ordered a "swiss cake roll" and some cream filled cupcakes! YUM! I can't remember the name of the company but it is somewhere in my facebook updates.

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

T really likes Lara bars. They are pretty dense but a nice change from EnviroKids rice bars.

We also found GF ice cream cones at our local GF store. T was so excited that we had to then buy ice cream and eat it as soon as we got home.

Classico pasta sauces are marked Gluten Free so I now only buy Classico-red sauces and alfredo. Family loves them.

I personally like Pamela's Baking/Pancake Mix. I buy the biggest bag I can find and use it for scones, chocolate chip cookies, banana bread and muffins.

7. jcanolson

Orgran animal crackers
    My dd loves them!! They come in chocolate and vanilla, and they are all Aussie animals (Yes, my dd does know what a wombat is:D!).
    BTW - also nut free, dairy free, etc... I think they are just made from air:D, but they do pass the 6 year old taste test!

8. jcanolson

I had no idea they had that:eek::eek:(We need an icon with drool coming from the corners of the mouth.). I know what I'm looking for on the next grocery shopping trip!! Of course, it may not make it home!;)