- advertisement -

GF cheerios recall

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by SarahKelly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

Just a heads up there have been several lots of Gluten free Cheerios (honey nut and regular) recalled due to a wheat flour contamination.
    Link has the details:
    http://www.cheerios.com/glutenfreerecall

2. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

saw this in the am...sent to a friend & she had a couple boxes of the recalled ones. She told me then were going to send her coupons for free cereal.

I was kind of upset when I saw this, but understand that stuff happens. My celiac kid is sooo happy with gf cheerios. I swear we have had at least 5 boxes thru this house since they came out:)

3. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

ours were on the list and my son got really sick from them. I stopped him eating them several weeks ago as I was sure they were suspect since they were the only new thing in his diet. Sure enough, kind of makes you a little frustrated. I understand the mistake, but seriously they were rolled out in July and they are just now figuring out the problem. Additionally, they said they checked each batch for it's gluten levels to double check it is under 20ppm...this somehow didn't happen on just this batch. That seems a little too convient. We will not be buying more of these until they've had more practice keeping their production line safe.