- advertisement -

Generation 4 Dexcom FDA approved

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Yes, that makes perfect sense now and I'm sure everyone would feel it fair. Of course I told them that her system was fine, but now we are dealing with ??? twice today on a sensor just a few days old. Instead of showing that she dropped like a rock to the 40's, it went to ??? Had to restart it after 3 hours and it was fine for a few hours, then back to ??? again, so I just pulled it.

My son will be getting the free upgrade and doesn't mind waiting till December I think he was told.

2. mocha

mocha Approved members

You know what would clear up a lot of this confusion (and probably their phone lines)? If they would post all this information on their website.

It seems like some people are getting different information than others, and I don't doubt that the information came from a Dexcom representative. It'd just clear up a lot of things and make all the information official. I'm guessing (hoping) that the information hasn't be posted because they've been overwhelmingly busy, but it'd still be nice.

3. Ali

Ali Approved members

I just do not get why the comps do not make MAC and PC programs. It is just not that much more time and money to provide both and so many people use Apple products or a combo of Windows and MAC that it seems just "penny wise and pound foolish" to not provide programs for both systems.:cwds:ali

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

So I called Dexcom yesterday. I took less than 5 minutes for them to put me on the list of free upgrades due to when we purchased the Dexcom. They told me to go ahead and order one more month of sensors and I'll probably have it end of Nov, beginning of Dec and then I can order the new sensors. I'm excited about getting this new one - the increased range will be really nice as we certainly aren't getting it now and missed a pump failure last night because hubby left it in Emma's room when he went to treat a low and 4 hours later she was super high - ugh!

5. Melissata

Melissa's new Dex has shipped and will be here Friday. The great thing is that we didn't have to jump through any hoops. With our policy I even have to provide logs with times, every six months just to get 300 test strips. Her new endo says the improved system is awesome, but not to expect perfection. She is getting the bright pink, so it will be easy to keep track of! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

6. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Does anyone know where in the shipping line new orders are? We've never Cgmed and I just filled out the insurance paperwork yesterday. Hoping it won't be January at this rate.

I can't wait.:)

7. Jillian06

Jillian06 Approved members

Wow, they are shipping earlier than I expected.

Did you receive confirmation that it was shipped? My credit card was charged on Monday, but I have not seen any email confirmation from Dexcom. I think I am more exicited than my DD :)

8. MyHandsAreFulll

MyHandsAreFulll Approved members

Our estimated ship date is 10/29. I would love to get it earlier! I am definitely more excited than Ava, she just thinks it cool because it comes in pink ;) I am anxious to see how good the range really is. We switched bedrooms around so hers is now the closest to ours, I am hoping to be able to keep the receiver in our room overnight...

9. Melissata

Yes, we got confirmation yesterday from both Dexcom and Fed Ex.

10. Dan

Dan Approved members

New orders ship out starting Oct 29th.

11. swellman

swellman Approved members

Has anyone received a free upgrade outside the 30 day prior to release of the G4 window?

12. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

If you buy it yourself how much does it cost? and how much do the sensors cost?

13. swellman

They told me yesterday that the reduced cash price, whatever that it, was around $1100 if I recall correctly.

14. Dan

Dan Approved members

Swellman,

I assume that is for reciever/transmitter and the sensors are additional.

15. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

I was told by customer service, the starter kit comes with 4 sensors.

16. swellman

We didn't get that far, sorry.

17. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

So I was reading areview about gen4 and it said that the receiver/censor although it has a smoother shape it sticks out almost twice as much compared to the old one. I find this really offputting! what are they doing? They are supposed to make them smaller not bigger!

18. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

The only way to get longer range is with a bigger radio transmitter - that's why the Navigator transmitter was so large. Since we are dealing with parental management and not self management, we're willing to work with a larger transmitter to get the additional range.

19. Dan

Dan Approved members

Agreed with this comment...The battery in the transmitter is larger to deal with the additional range.

20. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Ours is being shipped Monday. Carson's old one is out of warranty, and as of 10/15/12, Anthem BC/BS of Ohio and Kentucky is contracting with Diabetes Care and Speciality Center in Utah for LOWER Dexcom rates! They have covered CGMS for a long time, but we paid 20% of the regular full price Dex rates. Now that they are contracted with a supplier, there is a much lower rate. The insurance also did not require 30 days of blood sugar logs and paperwork from us that they needed the first time with the Dex (and Navigator). It was covered and approved very quickly. Glad to see insurance companies relax the rules a little (and lower our out of pocket expenses).