- advertisement -

G5 Users: What can I pair?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Dad_in_Canada, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

I think, reading the G5 documentation, that with the G5 transmitter I can pair 1 medical device (like a pump, or the Dexcom receiver) plus 1 smart device (ie. a phone).

Is it limited to this 1+1?

What if I wanted to pair a G5 with a Tandem pump + a Dexcom receiver + a phone? Would this be possible?

Thanks!

2. Portabella

Portabella Approved members

3. Dad_in_Canada

Dad_in_Canada Approved members

Thanks, that's useful info. It's not what I wanted to hear, but it's clear now.

Related, do you know if the T-Slim X2 will send a "transmitter end" code to the G5 transmitter at the 112 day mark? Here's what I mean: say we use the T-slim and a phone that uses the Spike app. The Spike app will allow transmitter use beyond the 112 day mark, and doesn't send a transmitter end code.....it lets the transmitter stay in use as long as there is enough battery juice. But if the T-Slim sends a transmitter end code, then there's no point in using Spike, and we're stuck with the 112 day transmitter life.

Sorry for all the questions. T-Slim X2 is new in Canada, and we're scheduled to change from our Vibe to the T-Slim next month. Trying to uncover any surprises beforehand.

4. Portabella

Portabella Approved members

Sorry, I haven't heard about Spike app. We used Dexcom apps on the phone. We didn't have such codes and marks with our t-slim x2. Just the low battery warnings.