advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G5 my thoughts

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by katerinas, May 16, 2017.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

So we just upgradded from the G4 to the G5. I really like the accuracy but both me and my son find a big diferrence in the size of the transmitter (really waiting for the G5x!!) also the transmitter range really sucks compaired to the range of G4. Overall, as my son doent mind carrying the receiver not impressed

2. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

Thanks for the post. We've been in no rush to transition to the G5 and will continue to be in no rush to transition to the G5.

3. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

Same here. We are still on the G4 and waiting for major improvements in G5 before we consider switching.

Thanks for the G5 update.

4. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

I am interested in what kind of range difference you mean. We have the G4, and we can pick up through walls or downstairs up to about 45 feet. How many feet do you get out of the G5?
    We'd like to upgrade to the g5 simply for the share ability only. We're been very happy with the G4.

5. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

You can share with G4 if you have the reciever with Share. We have been for two years. We actually chose to stick with G4 also. My daughter does not mind the receiver and I had just seen too many comments on message boards where people had loss of signal and other issues often with G5. We happened to get the adult G4 receiver this past time and it has been extremely accurate for us.

6. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

I dont believe Share with the G4 is available in Canada - just nightscout.

7. katerinas

Our walls are quite thick with G4 at night I would leave it at a table outside his room and it would pick the signal. I tryied this with G5 and 90% of the time it losses the signal. I have to leave it inside his room. This for me is annoying as we have agreed that I take the "night shift" so he can rest.

8. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

No hurry here, either. We have G4 and are quite happy. It has Share but we rarely use it (sleepovers, basically.) Now the G6...that one I'll be waiting in line for, I think :)

9. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

We've found the G5 to be just a little more accurate, which has made switching to the G5 worth it for us.

10. katerinas

After 10 days of use I can say that G5 is way more accurate! So in the end I am glad we moved to G5