advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g5 and Android

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by glorijeff, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. glorijeff

glorijeff Approved members

Hi, all, sorry if this is posted somewhere on these forums, did a search and couldn't find anything. So please direct me to the right place if this has been or is being discussed.

Do we know when Dexcom will release the app for G5 for sharing for Android? Can't find any info about it online. We recently entered the 21st century :smile: and got new android smartphones for everyone in the family, anticipating that Dexcom would release the G5 app soon. I looked at getting "nightscout" (I think that's what it's called), but that looks to be way beyond my technological expertise. I see that it has been released in Europe, are we just waiting for FDA approval?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Feuer
    Father of Aaron.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi Jeff, have you called Dexcom? They are really usually very helpful. We've been Mac people since the beginning of time so I don't know, but they will. Good luck!

3. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

Yes, Dexcom is planning this. It's filed with the FDA since last year, so hopefully sooner rather than later as to G5 and Android app compatibility.

4. glorijeff

glorijeff Approved members

In fact, Dexcom just called me back a short while ago. They said they're waiting on the FDA still.