- advertisement -

G4 First Insert

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

I just wanted to say, with all of the interest in the G4, that the insertion is amazing. Coco had to use numbing cream with MM but she decided to try it without with the G4. She said it hurt less then a site insertion. Also, it has been 3 days and along with the accuracy being fabulous, and her having a high interest in how her blood sugar reacts, she has had absolutely no issues with the site. With MM, by day three, it would be itchy and by day 5 it would ooze due to her allergy to the gold filament.

2. khannen

khannen Approved members

Glad to hear it went so well for her! When I put the first one in Shealyn, we were both concerned that it hadn't actually worked. She didn't feel a thing and it didn't have that big chaCHUNK the mm inserter did. ;) After a month, she told me to just skip the emla.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

of course when I started to look into CGM my dd was only 4. and the MM insertion, I could not even think of trying, honestly that is how we went with Dexcom. You did not see the needle at all!

Even after we were on Dexcom and saw the newer smaller insertion needle I still did not tHink I could get dd to let me even try.

I had a hard enough time the needle sets and numbing that I did not even try.

for my dd it has always been a"visual" thing and not the pain involved, a mental block that that darn needle has.

4. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Same here!

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Our insertion track record with the MM has been abysmal. I hold out great hope for the G4. So glad it's working out so well for Coco!:):)

6. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Good job, Coco!!!:cwds:

The old Dex 7 wasn't too uncomfortable to put in, either. However, I have noticed the new sensor is even more comfortable to put in. They certainly are working to improve the insertion of these things (and MM, too, once their new Enlite comes out).

7. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

How big is the insertion needle?

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

From what I've read the mm insertion needle is 22 gauge and the G4 is 26 gauge or possibly a bit smaller.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

I have no idea on the size since you never see it during the entire process.