- advertisement -

FYI Ping limitations for Honeymooners, or itty bitty litttle ones.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Jun 4, 2014.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I think there is jus a simple misunderstanding in regards to ratio's. What most here have typed looks backwards to you. (otherwise you have a kiddo with significant insulin needs beyond any)

when I and most type a I:C ratio it translates to " I nsulin : C arbs", I suspect that you are thinking "carbs per 1 unit of insulin", which would loo like C:I, the reverse!

The ratio's you stated would easily be accommodated with ANY pump. ( if I am right in regards to how we are translating ratios)

RE t:slim basal rates, if I read your post correctly it means from 0.01 as a starting point you can go up by 0.001"'s, IE: 0.011, 0.012, 0.013 so on and so forth.

I have to say that I am not sure, I though I saw another post just today stating that basal rates started at 0.1??? I had the t:slim and sent it back for various reasons, but since my oldest insulin needs are not that small I did not keep those limitations in mind.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

bringing this thread back to life to help others. if you where to order a t:slim today it now does have a reverse correction to target BG, but I think there are still people that do not have this feature as t;slim did not provide a upgrade program.

3. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

That is correct. The first generation did indeed have a reverse correction but only to 70. Now it's to the target BG.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

bump to thread.