- advertisement -

FYI for mac/dex users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I just got off the phone with dexcom about a different issue and the guy told me about dexcom portrait. It is basically dexcom studio but for mac users! No more fussy diasend uploader :)

Perhaps everyone else already knows this but somehow I missed it.

http://www.dexcom.com/portrait

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Nice. It looks like it is actually a website, so your data goes to dexcom servers and they will host this web application for you to view it.

3. dianas

dianas Approved members

I tried downloading to Dexcom's Portrait and I was not impressed at all. It took forever to install, there were errors, and downloading took also forever once it did work. There are also only a few limited reports compared to Dexcom Studio. Hopefully Dexcom will improve on this in the future but in the meantime I'd much rather use Diasend and have all of my data integrated.

4. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Thanks! I had no idea!

5. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I also heard that Dexcom Portrait sucks. However, I trust that the wonderful Dexcom folks will work out all the bugs and add improvements in relatively short order. That being said, I'm off to download Diasend and try to make it work. Wish me luck!

Thank you, Megnyc, for letting us all know about Dexcom Portrait! It's something I will definitely be keeping my eye on.