- advertisement -

FURIOUS with Fox Network and the show "Touch"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by DsMom, May 3, 2012.

1. swellman

swellman Approved members

Not bothered ... just amused.

And, personally, I do think it is way out of the realm of possibility that an untrained stranger would try to inject an unconsciousness person with insulin.

$0.02

2. kyle and ryans mom

kyle and ryans mom Approved members

Good for you for writing the letter! I didn't see the episode, but it does bother me that they couldn't do a little research about a disease depicted on their show.

3. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Don't watch Touch or The Doctors. If I recall correctly, the exact same "mistake" was made in the movie Panic Room (Jodie Foster starred in this maybe 9 years ago). I think they had Jodie Foster administering insulin for a low. Just don't remember exactly.

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

I totally agree. Wow, I'm agreeing with something Swellman said! :eek: ;)

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

What about a well-meaning, ignorant and uninformed friend? Unlikely. Not impossible.

I swear that I have had people ask "if you pass out, should I give you some of that?" with reference to my insulin.

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

The Moon is large, the planets aligning and 2012 is looming - the End is nigh. :D

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  7. caspi

caspi Approved members

LOL! I especially liked your comments on your edit. :D

8. natallia

natallia Approved members

that makes me so furious too!

9. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

You asked if anyone had seen the episode so I responded. By no means would I tell you not to write a letter if you felt strongly to do so. I've written letters too and comments relating to inaccurate articles, shows, etc... Responding how you feel so led is a positive, empowering vehicle.

10. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Well, I know of a real life situation that has similarities.

When I was working as a certified nursing assistant at a long term care facility, there was a resident who experienced a low, the LPN (licensed practical nurse) on duty that evening rushed to give the diabetic woman insulin. Apparently, she knew it was an emergency situation and rushed to do something, but not the right thing.

Thankfully, a CNA stopped the LPN before she administered the insulin shot.

Yes, I believe people do take medical information from TV shows. I still don't think my kid is in grave danger. But, the clumsy depiction of diabetes on the show is somewhat annoying.