- advertisement -

Funny story

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by RobinKop, Jul 7, 2006.

1. RobinKop

RobinKop Approved members

Kim has a new stall tactic at bedtime - finger pokes! :cwds:

Last night I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get her to settle down, we'd been through all the usual tactics, bathroom, water, another book, the "right" stuffed animal, and she announced she thought we should check her blood! :)

Well - her numbers had been rock solid all day yesterday and she had a very nice bedtime reading about an hour earlier so I was pretty sure she was fine - but since she was asking - I was happy to oblige!

At least now I know the finger pokes are not as bad as having to go to bed! :p

Have a great Friday everyone!

2. Boo

Boo Approved members

Boy, she must really be desparate!! I remember those days, and thankfully for me, that was pre-diabetes. My son is almost 11, and my hat goes off to all of you with younger kids who deal with this!

3. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

lol... Charlize uses that one constently for clean up..... I'll ask her to pick up something and all of a sudden... " mommy i feel low, i need a finger poke and something to eat.." SHe still has never been low when this happens... lol i thought maybe my kid was the only one that did such tacktics...

4. JasonJayhawk

JasonJayhawk Approved members

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great story. I would have done the same thing! (Heck, I'm almost 30, and I think I still use that as a "stall tactic"! Hah hah hah!!!)

5. Sis

Sis Approved members

To funny! Dustin soes the same thing. Only he waits till lights are out and he is about to drift off. The he sits up and tells me" I feal low". Just goes to prove you use what ya got. hee hee

6. cakersmom

cakersmom Approved members

Beep Beep!

My 21 month old will grab the kit and run up to me and go "Beep Beep!" then climb in my lap and hold out her finger! I have a feeling this won't last! Darn cute though.

7. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Haha yeah, sounds familiar!!!! Thanks for sharing!