advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funding Scholarships for CWD through DSF

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by sooz, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooz

sooz Approved members

My husband and I just made a donation to The Diabetes Scholars Foundation
    http://www.diabetesscholars.org/index.html
    which funds scholarships for students with diabetes. We are grateful that this organization recognizes students who have diabetes and are pursuing their goals. I know times are tough right now, but I was thinking, that if those who could, would make a donation, no matter the amount, that even more students could be helped. I know that there are many, many wonderful places for our charity dollars to be spent, and many of you, as do we, also give to research and our personal charities of choice or churches. If you are able, please consider joining us in also giving to this fine organization. You may click on the link to see information on how to donate. Thanks for your consideration!

2. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

Thank you for posting the information!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I would donate money to a cause like this. Ive always wanted to start some type of scholarship in my parents honor. Neither of them graduated from high school so they had the dream that their children would get their diplomas and go on to college. Unfortunately, my Mom died before she could see any of us go. Out of the 8 of us, 4 have gone to college. For something like this type of scholarship, every dollar counts. When you get hundreds or thousands of people donating, the money really adds up.

Thank you for taking the time to post the link Sue:)

4. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Yes, thanks for positing it in 3 seperate threads.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

I posted the infomation about the scolarships the organization gives first in the parents of children board. Then I decided the info about the scholarships really should have been on the parents of teens board because they are closer to attending college and needing the scholarship. This is not the same thread, this is asking people to donate. quite different in my mind. You are quite welcome, my pleasure.

6. Becky Stevens mom

Yes, I could see immediately that this was a different thread:rolleyes:

7. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Oh, so this should be moved to the fundraising section?

The other link shows "how to donate" on the left side of the page.

8. sooz

sooz Approved members

I agree Becky! Donating in someone's honor makes it that much more special. We made our donation in gratitude to CWD, in honor of our granddaughter Hailey, and in memory of her dad who passed away at the age of 38 a year ago this month.

9. Becky Stevens mom

I just think that would mean so much to my folks and your son, that someone was able to make their dream of a college education come true with a scholarship. Im hoping both my boys can get scholarships cause its very expensive to even send them to a community college

10. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Maybe people just don't understand why you needed to create a thread letting us all know that you donated. And I think it was pretty clear in the other two threads how people could donate. When it comes to donating people's hard earned money, people bristle a little bit when others try and encourage them to spend it on something. Most people can figure it out for themselves.

This post will probably be deleted like my other one, but just know, I have no problem with you or how you choose to spend your money.

11. Becky Stevens mom

So, JDRF doesnt encourage people to donate money? What about the American Cancer society? I think the OP was just making a suggestion about donating to this worthy cause. If you dont want to donate to it, dont.

12. sooz

sooz Approved members

Well Christopher, since you ask about my business, the reason I said I donated was because in the other thread I said I was going to donate, and I wanted to let people know that I kept my word. I put my money where my mouth is. Also, I wanted to encourage others to donate. Who are the people you are talking about that don't understand that? If you tell me who they are, I would be happy tp contact them personally instead of having you act as a middleman so to speak.
    I agree, people can figure out things on their own, given the opportunity and knowledge regarding worthy organizations. Thank you so kindly for explaining things to me.

13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Enough already.

Remember, we are not the enemy, diabetes is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.