- advertisement -

Full insurance coverage with help from CCS

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Darryl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

After years of being told "No" by our secondary insurance for both Omnipod and the CGM, we were referred to CCS Medical (www.ccsmed.com) and they were able to get approval for both devices to be covered 100% which will save us tons of money because our primary Blue Cross plan only covers 50%. Worth giving them a call if you're in the same situation!

2. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Love, love,love them!!!

3. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

What is this? Do you have to have Medicaid?

4. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

Interesting. We're in the same situation - our primary insurance covers CGM 50% and we've been paying the other 50% since our secondary will not cover CGM. I will have to check into it.

Thanks for posting!

5. maciasfamily

maciasfamily Approved members

I heard about them and debated calling. I will definitely need to check them out since our deductible starts over this year. Our primary covers Dexcom 50% until we reach $3K deductible. We have TX Medicaid as secondary.

Thanks for the reminder!

6. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

CCS Med is the supply company my insurance company uses. We have a $100 deductable and do not pay another penny for the year. We do not have a CGM though. Only pump.