- advertisement -

Fsa account question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaylas mom, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

We are using an fsa account for the first time ever this year to try to cut back on monthly bills. My question is for those who have used it or an hsa before... In jan when we fill Rx or get nicks infusion or whatever, will we only have access to the money that we have put in it.. $200 or so or the full $2500? Our deductible is high and we usually meet it within the first month or so? Just wondering what to expect.

2. Jason's mom

Jason's mom Approved members

Most employers go ahead and load the full amount on the card in January. So you're basically "paying back" that amount over the course of the year. You may want to double-check to be sure this will be true in your case.

3. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

FSA you have full access to all funds in January, HSA they are only available as you pay in. At least that's how our companies works.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

This how it works for me. I could spend all the money in the first month.

5. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

We have access to all of it right away. We used it for braces and paid the bill right away and basically paid it off through the year.

6. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Thanks, that is what I was hoping for since I am still paying off a $2,000 hospital bill for nick from April. I didn't want to start that all over again!