- advertisement -

Frustrated

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by bgallini, Sep 23, 2009.

1. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I am so frustrated! Mostly with myself but also with Alex's college, etc. They have this medical insurance for those who don't have coverage. You have to opt out of the insurance by sending in a form. We completed the form when we got it. BUT I didn't send it!!!!!!!!!! I just now found it and it's late. I called and she said I can send it and they can try to send it to the insurance people to see if they will give the money back (minus an administrative fee). Not only that but idiot me also paid the $933 for the insurance when I paid the tuition fee!!!!!!!!:mad: I just didn't read the bill well enough. (there's a lot to it with various fees and charges and then various credits for grants and loans and such plus I have to figure out what our college tuition plan is going to pay etc.)

This is all totally my fault but it s*cks!

In the letter I am sending with the form, I do mention his T1D....basically suggesting it might be cheaper to just give the $$$ back. Hopefully they go for that b/c if he has insurance, I have to contact our current insurance and we'll have to figure out how that all works. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dh, of course, is like 'It's ok. it will work out.' Well....I guess that's better than him freaking out too!

Thanks for letting me vent.:(:mad:

2. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I remember Reann always had to opt out also. Not sure how much hers would have cost, but I do remember several times when she turned in the form to opt out they tried to talk her into getting it anyway. I hope you get your $$ back. That is a lot of money.

3. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Good luck

I know how you feel.

we recently did the cars trade thing. we almost had to pay the entire rebate back-would have been like 7K.

problem was dh didn't get the registration that was supposed to be in that old clunker before he transfered title to new car. dmv then had no record of old car. the dealership said there was a way around it, some form needed from dmv. DH almost got kicked out of DMV he got so mad at them. they said they couldn't help him. dealership guy said he had friend at dmv that could help-weeks went by. meanwhile we're shitting bricks.

I was in garage few weeks ago and happened to look in the box that dh had put some of stuff from car and there right on top was registration. problem solved.

surely when that insurance co finds out how much you guys could cost them they would gladly return your money.

4. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

I feel your frustration, at least he is covered by insurance, I hope it all works out.

We had had to do this too, opt out of insurance, although every thing is paperless now...GO GREEN...red tape with emails and forms online.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

ahh frustration...I totally understand. Hopefully they just do the refund.

6. bgallini

Thanks for the replies. I've sent the form and the letter. They'll get it tomorrow. Then I'll have to find out who to talk with at the insurance company and see what happens.

I just can't believe I did that. My desk can be a mess but I always get bills and forms and such dealt with and in the mail asap.

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Easy enough to do when they "bundle" the bills the way they do!

8. bgallini

I have an update! They've refunded the money!!! It took a few phone calls to find out what was going on b/c there's the business office of the school and the insurance company that provides the coverage and a local insurance agency that I guess administers the program. The local insurance company was the one that was able to tell me what was going on. But it sounds like it was all the Business Office's decision to make? They made it sound like they couldn't do anything about it. Oh well, we've got our money back. And my desk is clear so I won't ever lose another piece of mail again.:rolleyes::eek:

9. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Glad to hear it worked out!