- advertisement -

Frustrated

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by keegansaunt, Sep 10, 2008.

1. keegansaunt

keegansaunt New Member

We're having the hardest time trying to find insurance for Keegan! My sister is no longer employed by the company that provided insurance and her new company requires her to get her own insurance plan and they'll reimburse her for it. Would sound like a great plan, except Keegan has been denied by every insurance company we've applied for due to his D.

We've just switched over to Lantus and Novalog, which is working wonders! Now I just worry about the lack of insurance and all of the expenses and doctor visits associated with his D.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to look for insurance? My sister makes too much to apply for medicaid and Cobra will only last so long. What can be done after that?

2. RickysMom

RickysMom New Member

I am having the same problem. My husband changed jobs in October and is now working for a very small company that does not offer insurance. COBRA was $1200/month (who can afford that?) and we have been denied coverage by every insurance company. I can't figure out how to get health coverage!

3. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Have you tried getting him on the State insurance plan?