- advertisement -

Frozen breads - how to get to "eatable" state

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Nancy in VA, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

OK, Emma sometimes like toast for breakfast. I have some gluten free sandwich bread and some gluten free cinnamon raisin bread. They are both frozen.

What's the right way to prepare these for breakfast - do they need to thaw in advance or not? I really don't want to thaw an entire loaf if I don't have to since I know it would take her longer to eat it than it would last "unthawed"

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

You generally have to toast gluten free bread (except Udi's from my experience) so I just take it out of the freezer and straight to the toaster.

3. aklap

aklap Approved members

I always keep my bread/buns in the freezer until I want it. I get it out when I need it and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds - just enough to thaw it out - it warm, moist and flexible.

I rarely toast my bread - only when I want it toasted. It may have something to do with Peg (my lovely and fantastic wife) bakes bread for me. It also may have to do with the fact that I generally have buns and "flat bread" - there's enough crust there so they don't need toasting to provide structure. I can't tell you the last time I had a store bought loaf. Yes I know that I am spoiled rotten ;)

As soon the bread has cooled, I slice it and package it up in 2 slice packs and put it in the freezer.